Module 1: Overview of HTML and CSS
This module provides an overview of HTML and CSS, and describes how to use Visual Studio 2012 to build a Web application.
• Overview of HTML
• Overview of CSS
• Creating a Web Application by Using Visual Studio 2012
Lab : Exploring the Contoso Conference Application
Module 2: Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
This module describes the new features of HTML5, and explains how to create and style HTML5 pages.
• Creating an HTML5 Page
• Styling an HTML5 Page
Lab : Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
• Introduction to jQuery
Module 4: Creating Forms to Collect Data and Validate User Input
• Overview of Forms and Input Types
• Validating User Input by Using HTML5 Attributes
Lab : Creating a Form and Validating User Input
Module 5: Communicating with a Remote Data Source
This module describes how to send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using an XMLHTTPRequest object and by performing jQuery AJAX operations.
• Sending and Receiving Data by Using XMLHTTPRequest
• Sending and Receiving Data by Using jQuery AJAX operations
Lab : Communicating with a Remote Data Source
Module 6: Styling HTML5 by Using CSS3
This module describes how to style HTML5 pages and elements by using the new features available in CSS3.
• Styling Text
• Styling Block Elements
• CSS3 Selectors
• Enhancing Graphical Effects by Using CSS3
Lab : Styling Text and Block Elements using CSS3
• Creating Custom Objects
• Extending Objects
Lab : Refining Code for Maintainability and Extensibility
Module 8: Creating Interactive Pages using HTML5 APIs
This module describes how to use some common HTML5 APIs to add interactive features to a Web application. This module also explains how to debug and profile a Web application.
• Interacting with Files
• Incorporating Multimedia
• Reacting to Browser Location and Context
• Debugging and Profiling a Web Application
Lab : Creating Interactive Pages by Using HTML5 APIs
Module 9: Adding Offline Support to Web Applications
This module describes how to add offline support to a Web application, to enable the application to continue functioning in a user's browser even if the browser is disconnected from the network.
• Reading and Writing Data Locally
• Adding Offline Support by Using the Application Cache
Lab : Adding Offline Support to a Web Application
Module 10: Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
This module describes how to create HTML5 pages that can dynamically detect and adapt to different devices and form factors.
• Supporting Multiple Form Factors
• Creating an Adaptive User Interface
Lab : Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
Module 11: Creating Advanced Graphics
This module describes how to create advanced graphics for an HTML5 Web application by using a Canvas element, and by using Scalable Vector Graphics.
• Creating Interactive Graphics by Using Scalable Vector Graphics
• Programmatically Drawing Graphics by Using a Canvas
Lab : Creating Advanced Graphics
Module 12: Animating the User Interface
This module describes how to enhance the user experience in an HTML5 Web application by adding animations.
• Applying CSS Transitions
• Transforming Elements
• Applying CSS Key-frame Animations
Lab : Animating User Interface Elements
Module 13: Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
This module explains how to use Web Sockets to transmit and receive data between an HTML5 Web application and a server.
• Introduction to Web Sockets
• Sending and Receiving Data by Using Web Sockets
Lab : Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
Module 14: Creating a Web Worker Process
This module describes how to use Web Worker Processes to perform long-running operations asynchronously and improve the responsiveness of an HTML5 Web application.
• Introduction to Web Workers
• Performing Asynchronous Processing by Using a Web Worker
Lab : Creating a Web Worker Process