Module 1: Configuring and Troubleshooting Domain Name System
This module explains how to configure and troubleshoot DNS, including DNS replication and caching.
• Configuring the DNS Server Role
• Configuring DNS Zones
• Configuring DNS Zone Transfers
• Managing and Troubleshooting DNS
Lab : Configuring and Troubleshooting DNS
Module 2: Maintaining Active Directory Domain Services
This module explains how to implement virtualized domain controllers and read-only domain controller (RODCs). It also explains how to perform common AD DS administrative tasks and manage the AD DS Database.
• Overview of AD DS
• Implementing Virtualized Domain Controllers
• Implementing RODCs
• Administering AD DS
• Managing the AD DS Database
Lab : Maintaining AD DS
Module 3: Managing User and Service Accounts
This module explains how to create, configure and automate the creation of user accounts. It also explains how to configure account-related properties of user objects. It further explains how to create and administer Managed Service Accounts.
• Configuring Password Policy and User Account Lockout Settings
• Configuring Managed Service Accounts
Lab : Managing User and Service Accounts
Module 4: Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure
This module explains how to implement a GPO infrastructure. This also teaches how to perform common GPO management tasks, and manage GPOs by using Windows PowerShell. It also focuses on troubleshooting the application of GPOs.
• Introducing Group Policy
• Implementing and Administering GPOs
• Group Policy Scope and Group Policy Processing
• Troubleshooting the Application of GPOs
Lab : Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure
Module 5: Managing User Desktops with Group Policy
This module explains how you can use Group Policy Objects (GPOs) to implement desktop environments across your organization by using Administrative Templates, Folder Redirection, Group Policy preferences, and where applicable, use software deployment to install and update application programs. It is important to know how to use these various GPO features so that you can configure your users’ computer settings properly.
• Implementing Administrative Templates
• Configuring Folder Redirection and Scripts
• Configuring Group Policy Preferences
• Managing Software with Group Policy
Lab : Managing User Desktops with Group Policy
Module 6: Implementing Remote Access
In this module, you will learn how to implement and manage remote access in Windows Server 2012. You will also learn how to implement DirectAccess by using the Getting Started wizard, implement and manage an advanced DirectAccess infrastructure, and implement VPN.
• Overview of Remote Access
• Implementing DirectAccess by Using the Getting Started Wizard
• Implementing and Managing an Advanced DirectAccess Infrastructure
• Implementing VPN
• Implementing Web Application Proxy
Lab : Implementing DirectAccess by Using the Getting Started Wizard
Lab : Deploying an Advanced DirectAccess Solution
Lab : Implementing VPN
Lab : Implementing Web Application Proxy
Module 7: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server Role
This module explains how to install and configure NPS, RADIUS Clients and servers. It also describes NPS authentication methods. It describe NPS authentication methods and how to monitor and troubleshoot NPS.
• Installing and Configuring a Network Policy Server
• Configuring RADIUS Clients and Servers
• NPS Authentication Methods
• Monitoring and Troubleshooting a Network Policy Server
Lab : Installing and Configuring a Network Policy Server
Module 8: Implementing Network Access Protection
This module explains how to configure, monitor, and troubleshoot NAP. It also explains how NAP can help to protect your network and the various NAP enforcement processes.
• Overview of Network Access Protection
• Overview of NAP Enforcement Processes
• Configuring NAP
• Configuring IPSec Enforcement for NAP
• Monitoring and Troubleshooting NAP
Lab : Implementing Network Access Protection
Module 9: Optimizing File Services
This module describes FSRM, configure quotas, file screening, and storage reports and implement classification management and file management tasks. It describes the components of the DFS. I also explains how to configure DFS namespaces and DFS replication.
• Overview of FSRM
• Using FSRM to Manage Quotas, File Screens, and Storage Reports
• Implementing Classification and File Management Tasks
• Overview of DFS
• Configuring DFS Namespaces
• Configuring and Troubleshooting DFS Replication
Lab : Configuring Quotas and File Screening Using File Server Resource Manager
Lab : Implementing Distributed File System
Module 10: Configuring Encryption and Advanced Auditing
This module explains how to encrypt files using EFS and configure advanced auditing features.
• Encrypting Drives by Using BitLocker
• Encrypting Files by Using EFS
• Configuring Advanced Auditing
Lab : Configuring Encryption and Advanced Auditing
Module 11: Deploying and Maintaining Server Images
This module explains how to create and manage server images by using Windows Deployment Services
• Overview of Windows Deployment Services
• Managing Images
• Implementing Deployment with Windows Deployment Services
• Administering Windows Deployment Services
Lab : Using Windows Deployment Services to Deploy Windows Server 2012
Module 12: Implementing Update Management
This module explains how to use Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) to deploy updates to Windows servers and clients.
• Overview of WSUS
• Deploying Updates with WSUS
Lab : Implementing Update Management
Module 13: Monitoring Windows Server 2012
This module explains the monitoring tools available in Windows Server 2012. it also explains how to use Performance Monitor and monitor events.
• Monitoring Tools
• Using Performance Monitor
• Monitoring Event Logs
Lab : Monitoring Windows Server 2012